There are a lot of great things about the fall. Before we get started, here's a hilarious ode to fall to get you in the mood from McSweeney's Internet Tendency.
In the mood yet? Good.
Besides the strange madness of decorative gourds, jolly pumpkins, juicy apples and greasy doughnuts, there's one thing that trumps all of that. We're talking about crunchy leaves, baby. If you don't know what I'm talking about because you live in California or Antarctica or something, prepare to be amazed.
We'll set the scene for you. Imagine a large tree, billowing in the wind. The leaves are just browned around the edges, deep auburn in the middle like tortilla chips. Check out these delightful pics that'll make you want to leave the office and go jump in some crunchy leaves right now.
1. Uh, need some help here? Nah, just playing in some leaves.
2. We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of leaves.
3. Leaves: they're nature's confetti!
4. Make it RAIN.
5. Leaf angels, anyone?
6. This adorable leaf is in love with you.
8. What are you waiting for, lady? Crunch those leaves!
9. We asked this dog after this picture was taken. Leaves don't taste good.
Ah, leaves. They'll only be around for so much longer, so get out and crunch those babies up. It'll feel good and you won't know why. But that's okay.