ProLon Vs. Intermittent Fasting Vs. Keto – Which Diet Is The Healthiest?
Whether you put on a few extra pounds that you’re dying to lose or simply want to give your body a reset – there are endless ways to achieve your goals. However, we know finding a way that’s healthy, achievable, and effective is easier said than done.
That’s why our Health and Wellness editors hit the internet and researched the most popular diets to see which provides the best benefits: ProLon, Intermittent Fasting, and Keto.
Read to find out why we recommend ProLon, a patented Fasting Nutrition meal program that has gone through clinical trials at the University of Southern California and is known for its positive health effects.
- All support weight loss
- All promote healthy brain function and other health benefits
- All involve eating – none are starvation diets
- ProLon is very easy to stick with | Intermittent Fasting and Keto are challenging to sustain - especially long-term
- ProLon takes 5 days with meals already prepared for you | Intermittent Fasting can be modified - it’s all about when to eat | The Keto diet is quite restrictive regarding what you can eat
- ProLon seldom has side effects | Intermittent Fasting’s side effects can be low energy, cravings, and can even disrupt women’s menstrual cycle | The Keto diet often causes nutrient deficiencies and constipation
- ProLon has gone through numerous clinical trials and is proven to show results (individuals lose an average of 5.7 lbs and 1.6 inches off their waist circumference)* | The results from Intermittent Fasting and Keto all depend on your personal plan and eating habits with no universal study
The ProLon Fasting Nutrition plan is a fast with food. This clinically tested, 5-day plant-based meal program is designed to move your body into a state of fasting while promoting cellular clean-up, enhanced focus, and – of course – weight loss.
The Fasting Nutrition plan comes in a box filled with everything you need to achieve your goals during the 5 days. It’s loaded with delicious energy bars, soups, drinks, supplements, and snacks.
Rather than cutting out calories completely, ProLon simply reduces your caloric intake while still providing all the essential nutrients you need, making it both safe and effective.
Here’s the 5-day breakdown:
- Day 1: Your body moves into a fasting and fat-burning state
- Day 2: Ketogenesis is initiated, which helps turn glucose into energy
- Day 3: Fat-burning and ketone production increases
- Day 4: Cellular cleaning, renewal, and fat-burning continue
- Day 5: Cellular renewal continues past day 5, so you continue to feel the benefits when you return to your regular eating pattern
ProLon’s science-backed diet can be repeated every few months as part of your health maintenance. To gain the full advantages, ProLon recommends completing the 5-Day Fasting Nutrition plan once a month for 3 consecutive months. Not only does this plan help with weight loss, it offers several other benefits such as:
- Increased energy and focus
- Autophagy: a healthy aging process in which new, healthy cells replace old ones
- Discovery of gluten or lactose sensitivities
- Healthy systolic blood pressure
Convenient: 10/10, Effective: 9/10, Safe: 9/10, Easy: 9/10 Overall Rating: 9.3
Intermittent fasting refers to any meal pattern in which the time spent eating and drinking is confined to set times. There are 3 major types of intermittent fasting:
- Alternate Day Fasting – switching from “fast days” (none or little-to-no food is eaten) and “feast days” (no food restrictions)
- Periodic Fasting – 24 hours or more of fasting followed by unrestricted eating for a set amount of time
- Time-Restricted Fasting – restricted eating for a set number of hours during a 24-hour period; for example, fasting for 16 hours and eating for 8
To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you bring in. Intermittent fasting works because, during set times, no calories are consumed. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about any food restrictions as long as you maintain a negative energy balance.
However, intermittent fasting is challenging to stick with due to low energy, cravings, and the required discipline. When you're supposed to be fasting, it’s tough to not eat. And it’s even more difficult to not binge-eat when it's time to eat.
Critically, intermittent fasting can increase the risk for adverse health consequences such as hormonal imbalances like irregular menstrual cycles, and potential fertility issues. *
Convenient: 7/10, Effective: 9/10, Safe: 7/10, Easy: 7/10 Overall Rating: 7.5
The ketogenic diet, known as keto, is a high fat, low carb diet. The low availability of carbs forces the body to use fat as its primary fuel instead of glucose. This metabolic shift produces ketones, which are then used by cells to create energy.
Keto is quite restrictive in regard to the food you can eat:
- At least 70% of total daily calories must come from fat
- 10-20% of calories must come from protein
- 5-10% from carbohydrates
You will start to lose weight once your body reaches ketosis – the above-described metabolic shift. This can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to happen. The problem is that it’s not only challenging to reach ketosis, but it’s a serious challenge to sustain. For example, eating too much carbs or protein can cause the body to shift back to glucose-driven metabolism leaving you to restart the process.
Furthermore, giving up fruits, veggies, and grains can cause nutrient deficiencies and constipation. Also known as the “keto flu,” fatigue, headache, and brain fog are common side effects. Long-term health risks include liver disease and kidney stones.*
Convenient: 6/10, Effective: 8/10, Safe: 7/10, Easy: 6/10 Overall Rating: 7.0
When comparing all three diets, we looked for a convenient, safe, effective, and easy-to-follow way to reach our weight loss goals and improve our health. ProLon ticks all our boxes and then some! We love ProLon’s added benefits of energy and mental clarity, but also the ease and convenience. Keto and intermittent fasting is far too complex and difficult to stick with – not to mention the many negative side effects these diets can come with.
If you want to change your diet safely and effectively, the ProLon Fasting Nutrition Plan is for you. Try it yourself and see where it can take you.
For our readers: use code WELLNESS to get 30% OFF
*In a clinical study, ProLon is shown over three cycles to help individuals lose an average of 5.7 lbs and 1.6 inches off their waist circumference. Individual Results May Vary.