We Tried Seed And Generic Probiotics – Here’s Our Honest Review
We can all agree that no one – and we mean no one – wants to deal with gut issues.
As we all get older, our bodies change and, sadly, so do our guts.
After scrolling through Instagram, one of our editors noticed that several influencers were debating drugstore probiotic powders vs. Seed. We’re all aware of generic probiotics. But Seed is a microbiome science company that has leveled up probiotics to support whole-body health.
We wanted to get in on the action and identify which could help both us and our readers. So we did a deep dive into all things gut health.
Here’s what happened when we compared Seed’s DS-01® Daily Synbiotic with regular drugstore probiotic powders:
- Seed and generic probiotics are designed to support overall health and well-being by providing beneficial bacteria
- Seed and generic probiotics share the common goal of providing beneficial bacteria to support gut health
- Seed comes in small capsule form | Many drugstore probiotics come in a powdered form that needs to be mixed with water
- Seed offers a clinically and scientifically-studied product featuring a unique capsule in capsule system | Drugstore probiotics are often limited in selection and seldom undergo clinical trials on the finished/final product/formula
- Seed’s DS-01® Daily Synbiotic is formulated with strains that work to promote regularity, provide relief from occasional bloating, and keep occasional digestive discomfort at bay, in addition to promoting skin health, heart health, dermatological health, Cardiovascular health and supporting healthy gut immune function | Most drugstore probiotics focus on only one-problem area
Our editors love that the DS-01® goes through such rigorous testing. Their board of scientists, doctors, and researchers ensure that Seed’s formulations are backed by years of scientific research.
In fact, DS-01® Daily Synbiotic undergoes third-party testing for over 500 total contaminants,including allergens and pesticides. They test throughout the production cycle with lot-to-lot testing. This means each lot is tested for purity, potency, and composition to ensure the benefits are delivered throughout shelf life.
DS-01® contains a proprietary capsule-in-capsule technology called the ViaCap®. The inner capsule houses the probiotics nested inside an outer capsule that contains the prebiotic powder. Because of this, they have a fantastic shelf life and don’t require refrigeration.
This 2-in-1 is tested for 14 classes of allergens, including soy, gluten, dairy, corn, is vegan, and contains no binders or preservatives. It’s formulated with 24 research-backed probiotic strains that work to promote:
- Digestive health including bloat and regularity support
- Gut barrier integrity and a healthy gut lining
- Heart health,such as maintaining blood cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
- Micronutrient synthesis, and more
While most probiotic supplements are susceptible to losing their effectiveness, Seed specifically tests DS-01® throughout its shelf life and guarantees full probiotic potency – at room temperature! – up until the expiration date.
Generally, probiotics are sold by supplement companies who typically offer a wide array of multivitamins, protein powders, and various wellness products.
Of course, there are a number of options at your local drugstore, which may even be a bit less expensive than Seed. However, none can stack up to DS-01®’s delivery and results.
Using generic powder probiotics has potential drawbacks:
- Limited Diversity - Generic powder probiotics may have a limited number of bacterial strains compared to premium options, like Seed
- A diverse range of bacterial strains can have a more significant impact on the gut microbiome and provide a broader spectrum of health benefits
- Lower Potency - The potency in generic probiotics tend to be lower than in high-quality or branded probiotics
- The effectiveness of probiotics can depend on the colony-forming units (CFUs) and lower potency may have less effective results
- Lack of Specialized Delivery Systems - Premium probiotics utilize specialized delivery systems that protect probiotic bacteria from stomach acid
- Generic powder probiotics may lack such delivery systems, leading to a potential reduction in efficacy
With so much misinformation around generic drugstore probiotics, we’re more than grateful for Seed’s DS-01® Daily Synbiotic. It goes above and beyond anything we’ve seen on the market.
Their dedication to education, the environment and improving people’s overall health is second-to-none. The DS-01®’s formula is packed with extraordinary benefits that work to support all areas of gut health.
Looking to support your gut and start your better health journey? Ditch those ineffective generic powders and check out Seed today!