Most people want to eat healthy, right? But the reason that not everyone does is because people often assume that eating healthy requires restricting yourself from your favorite foods. But healthy doesn't have to be hard; Nutrisystem is working to change that. Not only are the meals they provide filled with nutrients like protein and fiber, but they are also delicious. The best part is, on Nutrisystem, you get flex meals--healthy and delicious meals you prepare on your own using guidelines and recipes they provide. Don't know where to start? We're happy to share some of our favorite recipes to help inspire your next flex meal!
Our first pick is a Mediterranean Salmon with Pesto, a guilt-free dish that will remind you of summer in any season. Featuring haricots verts (fancy for French green beans), roasted tomatoes, shallots and pesto, this recipe is packed with bold flavors and ingredients that go swimmingly with seafood!
- 4 oz. salmon
- 2 tsp. pesto
- ~10 haricots verts
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil water. Create an ice bath and line a plate with a cloth or paper towel.
- Wash and trim haricots verts. Boil haricots verts for 1 minute, then carefully remove beans and put in ice bath. After 3-5 minutes, remove haircots verts from ice bath and place on paper towel- lined plate to dry.
- Tear a large square of aluminum foil. Lay haricots verts in the center of the foil.
- Layer salmon on top of the haricots verts. Spread pesto on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle shallots and grape tomatoes on top. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon and vegetables, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 20 minutes (cook time will vary depending on thickness of salmon and desired degree of doneness).
Next up, try a spin on a classic comfort food with this savory Artisanal Grilled Cheese. If you've ever made a grilled cheese, you know that it's pretty hard to mess up. But why settle for an underwhelming meal of just cheese and bread when you can pump up the flavor factor and the nutrition?
In this grilled cheese recipe, we've added tomato and spinach, and swapped the usual American cheese for low-fat cheddar.
You can also enjoy this simple sandwich for dinner, by adding another PowerFuel to the original recipe (like a little extra cheese or even some shredded cooked chicken).
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 tomato slice
- Handful of spinach
- 1 slice low-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ Tbsp. light butter substitute (Benecol, Smart Balance, margarine)
- Cut the slice of bread and cheese in half.
- Spread butter on one side of each half slice of bread.
- Spray pan and place on medium high heat.
- Add one-half slice of bread (butter side down) followed by one-½ slice of cheese, then spinach, tomato, ½ slice of cheese, and lastly second ½ slice of bread (butter side up).
- Cook sandwich until nicely browned and flip to brown the other side.
Nutrisystem uses recipes like these to supplement your flex days, where you get to be creative in the kitchen. It's more than just a way to upgrade your diet; it's a way to upgrade your lifestyle. With over 150 perfectly-portioned meal options delivered right to your door, and the ability to make these delicious recipes on flex days, you can start to eat healthier without giving up your favorite foods. Customers will lose 5 pounds in their first week, guaranteed, or their money back. Nutrisystem provides a stress-free, balanced diet and the inspiration necessary to help you discover a better lifestyle.
UPDATE: The awesome folks at Nutrisystem are extending a special offer to our readers. Follow this link to receive 40% off every new auto-delivery order and free shipping (Continental US only) for as long as you're on the program. As an added bonus, you'll also receive free Turboshakes with your first order!
This content is sponsored by Nutrisystem.